THE FRIENDLIEST BUDTENDERS IN TOWN!
Cannabis 101 From Northern Grown Your Fairfield Maine Medical Cannabis Caregivers
Northern Grown is your Fairfield, ME cannabis connection to high-quality medicinal marijuana products at a price you can afford!
Dedicated To Learning And Growing
We are always training and staying educated to adapt to the constant growth and change in the medical cannabis world at Northern Grown in Fairfield, ME.
Cannabis is a plant that has been utilized for centuries with known medicinal benefits for a variety of conditions and ailments. The two most commonly used plant varieties are Cannabis Indica and Cannabis Sativa, both with their own properties and benefits. Typically the leaves and flowers are dried and then further processed in a variety of ways to create many cannabis products, including medical marijuana, concentrates, vapes, cannabis extracts, CBD, edibles, and more.
The Types Of Cannabis
Northern Grown in Fairfield, ME is dedicated to sharing our knowledge, while consistently growing and adapting to new information about the growth, cultivation and processing of medical marijuana.
Find more information about our expertly crafted effect-specific strains, flower, concentrates, CBD, edibles and more. Also learn about our local processing affiliate and why we trust them.
Understanding The Compounds
Cannabis has hundreds of both psychoactive and non-psychoactive cannabinoid compounds that have different effects. The two main compounds and most utilized cannabinoids of marijuana are THC and CBD. Other well-known cannabinoids are CBN and CBC.
- CBD- Cannabidiol is the non-psychoactive compound in cannabis responsible for a variety of benefits of medical marijuana-including relief of anxiety, pain, inflammation. CBD has also been shown to support chronic pain, headaches, MS, PTSD, seizures and more.
- THC- Tetrahydrocannabinol is the compound in cannabis that has the highest level of psychoactive molecules. The THC compound is responsible for the mind and body “high” many associate with marijuana. THC can lower aggression, assist in appetite, enhance feelings of happiness and contentment, and eliminate fatigue and nausea.
- CBN- Cannabinol is a highly sedative compound with low psychoactive effects. CBN is helpful for insomnia and pain relief.
- CBC- Cannabichromene is a non-psychoactive compound that has emerging antibiotic properties. CBC is helpful with pain relief-due to analgesic and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Terpenes- There are over one hundred identified terpenes in marijuana. Terpenes are natural compounds responsible for the aromatic and flavorful properties of cannabis. Terpenes enhance THC effects, while carrying many medicinal benefits themselves. Terpenes interact with THC to modify how it passes through the blood-brain barrier.